Growth Mindset: Beyond School

At the start of the year, I became involved with the Esports Association at OU.  This organization deals with competitive gaming as well as outreach.  I am playing on the varsity team for the League of Legends development in the organization.  Some background, League of Legends is the most played video game in the world.  In 2016, there were estimated over 100 million active players every month, which is pretty huge.  The game is very competitive and team-based.  It revolves around good decision making and skill.  For me, playing on the OU varsity team has been a treat.  There's so much to think about in regards to your own team.  Personally, I try to be the best that I can be for my team, so that leads me to have a strong growth mindset towards learning more about the game.  It requires discipline and time to continue to compete at a high level.  I spend hours every week practicing at the game to play better and be the best I can be at the game.  It would be a good idea to transition this growth mindset towards my school work.  I definitely have the discipline to do well at school, I just need to apply myself in the same way.

Esports is quickly rising to be a high entertainment outlet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Computer Engineering Student

Week 2 Story: Squidward Tennisballs