Tech Tip: Canvas Calendar

For this week on my Tech Tip, I took a look at my Canvas Calendar.  Usually, I will go to my Canvas Calendar on the Canvas Website in order to see what assignments I have for the week.  However, with just using the Canvas Calendar, I cannot see my personal events, and it just makes it a hassle to see how my schedule is like overall.  A good tip is to use the iCal link by clicking on "Calendar Feed" on the right of your Canvas Calendar, and you can import your Canvas Calendar into another Calendar such as Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar.  A drawback for this is that it does not import events in Canvas that you, yourself, created, so you have to do that manually in your own calendar.  This brings me to my second tip for the Canvas Calendar, which is "creating your own events".  A couple of my professors do not put their assignments on the Canvas Calendar, because their assignments are either in-paper or on a 3rd party website, and this has cost me some 0's, which is definitely not fun.  To record these assignments, go to your Canvas Calendar, click the +, click "To Do", and you can create an event with a specified class, time, and even details of the assignment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Computer Engineering Student

Week 2 Story: Squidward Tennisballs