Famous Last Words: Staying up late

I'm currently at that period where everything is starting to become due, so I have to resort to staying up extremely late, usually until around 5 or 6 in the morning.  I had a church event on Saturday that I had to prepare for, and some other extracurricular things I had to do.  Although these did take a chunk out of my time from of my schedule, I can't blame it on these events.  I am definitely a bit behind in most of my classes.  It's not that I can't keep up, but it's that I do large bursts of studying instead of a steady flow.  It's like I'm sprinting for half the time rather than running a marathon for the entire time.  My current plan for this week is to get caught up in most of my classes since I have things that are due this week.  Even though I have a lot to do, I'm not too worried about it.  I've gone through much much worse; perks of being a procrastinator.  There aren't too many connections between this class and my other classes.  For me personally, I group 4 of my classes together mentally, and this class is in its own separate group mentally.  This isn't too surprising since all my other classes are all electrical engineering courses, so it's a whole different subject in itself.  So far I'm enjoying all of my other classes.  I find them all very interesting and it's not a chore to study for them.  Sadly, I don't feel too invested in this class.  It's not an insult to the class in any way, I just have never been a fan of reading, literature, or even history ever, so it shouldn't be a surprise.  A positive side to this though is that I know that I'm in the right major!  I would probably be miserable if I had to take more humanities.

I tend to drink a LOT of coffee when I'm up late at night

Comments

  1. Hi Nathaniel! Maybe if instead of looking at this in terms of reading/writing, you could look at this class in terms of creativity, invention, and the design process. You can develop some skills as a story engineer. Check out Twine for example; very powerful storytelling tool that can capitalize on your engineering skills for sure: Twine Tech Tips. It has a whole programming language of its own: Twine documentation. If you are interested in learning about Twine, that could make this class actually useful to you I think! I'll send some more notes about that when I get to your Portfolio in the stack this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Computer Engineering Student

Week 2 Story: Squidward Tennisballs