Time Strategies

I read these two articles: "https://hbr.org/2016/07/how-to-beat-procrastination" and "https://lifehacker.com/four-questions-to-help-you-overcome-procrastination-1784833178".
I'd like to start with a few tips that I've given to myself that I should probably start following.  I'm a big procrastinator.  I wait until the last minute to do things.  The first tip in the hbr article says to "Visualize how great it will be to get it done".  I think this tip is actually a really good tip.  It feels very refreshing to finally finish everything up and not to have anything else to worry about.  I think I will put that tip to use for the future.  #4 in the LifeHacker article asks "What Will Go Wrong if I Don’t Do This Now?".  However, a big problem with that tip is that my procrastination has never failed me.  I think what I really need is a shock.  The biggest reason that I procrastinate so much is that procrastination has always worked for me.  No matter the time crunch I have, I always utilize the stress so that I can get the task done as quickly as I can.  So maybe I just need my procrastination to finally fail me, because I have a big fear of failure, so when it finally costs me a failure, I won't procrastinate anymore. 

We use clocks as a tool to keep track of our time and how we spend it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Computer Engineering Student

Week 2 Story: Squidward Tennisballs